Learn how to create a new Milestone Estimate or Budget based on an existing Milestone
Throughout the project, you may want to create a new Milestone that isn’t necessarily associated with a new estimate or document set. In these cases, you can create a new Milestone and copy cost data, such as the Milestone Estimate and/or Budget, into the new Milestone. One common use case for this is if you've set a target budget and it doesn't change from one Milestone to the next.
Copying Cost Data from a Previous Milestone Estimate or Budget
- Click the Milestones tab in the top navigation bar
- Click the name of the Milestone that you want to add the cost data to
- Click either the Estimate or Budget tab
- Click the Copy from… button
- The Create Estimate/Budget dialog will appear. Select the Milestone and Value you want to copy the cost data from using the drop-down lists.
- Click the Next button
- Your cost data will be incorporated into the new Milestone Estimate or Budget, including Markups.
- Review and adjust your cost data as needed. When you’re ready to share it with the project team, click the Publish button on the right of the page.
Note: This option is also available when using the Replace Estimate button on an existing Milestone Estimate or Budget