Data tables are used in Join for information that is organized into columns and rows.
Similar to any other spreadsheet, there are a few ways to copy data for these data tables. You can either copy a single cell or multiple rows & columns of data from:
- Another source (like Excel).
- This could be Excel, another spreadsheet format, or any tabular data from an estimating platform
- Helpful tip: organize your columns in your source to match what you see in Join for easy transferring
See this in action for an example milestone estimate table:
Copying and pasting a range of data is not yet available in a few specific tables. Here is where you can do this right now:
Tables where range copy/paste is available:
- Item estimate tables
- Milestone estimate tables
- Milestone target budget table
- Category tables (when you create a custom set of categories for a project)
Tables where range copy/paste is not yet available:
- Markups tables
- Editing a category tables (for now, you can edit existing custom categories one at a time)